Saturday, October 13, 2012

Back from CA and off to DC!

Oh my...what a whirlwind of a week it's been!  We returned from California at 6pm on Tuesday night and left at 7am on Friday morning to go to DC for the weekend.  Throw in my 4-month check-up with Dr. Neis and trying cereal for the first time and BOY what a week it's been!

So my 4-month stats:
  • I got a number of shots and the oral vaccine: DTaP, Polio, HIB, Pneumococcal, Rotavirus (oral) - was a rock star like the last time (and Mommy didn't even cry!)
  • Weight: 11#12oz (2nd percentile, although he's made it back up to the curve and is tracking just fine).  I only gained 2 oz in 2 weeks, but Dr. Neis said there was NO worry and he felt I was doing just fine!
  • Height: 25 1/8" (50%) - same as I've been tracking
  • Head: 17" (75-90%), down a little as I was 98% at my 2-week checkup!  I just wanted to mess with Mommy and then get back down closer to the norm ;o)
  • I was given the go-ahead for eating "solids" - meaning rice cereal (to start).  There are some adorable pictures Mommy took of me as Daddy was feeding me (with the sterling silver Grand Baroque spoon that Gammy fed Mommy with!)
  • I'm probably teething, although it can take weeks for a tooth to break through.  Mommy is NOT excited about that one at all
My first Cereal experience!
I went from saying "what's up, aren't I cute, there's something new around my neck" to...




 ...This is different, what is that thing in my mouth? To...



 ...I'm not sure I like this.  Come on, Daddy.  No more...


...Maybe if Daddy plugs me with the paci it'll work better (while I hold onto the bib for dear life).  To...


...I think I'm getting the hang of this!

 We learned a couple of things from our first attempt:

  • Don't follow the instructions on the packet for the proportion of milk to rice.  You'll end up with something slightly thicker than breast milk that is FAR too difficult to serve on a spoon!
  • Patience, patience, patience!
  • We will document new foods with photographic evidence - his looks were far too cute!
  • Bibs.Are.Critical



On Friday we flew to Washington DC to attend Mommy's Duke friend's wedding.  Mary Ann, or MAV (now MAVL) was a beautiful bride on Saturday and Mommy and Daddy had oodles of fun dancing and dancing and dancing all night long.  I was the PERFECT little baby for my "Uncle" Justin (Unger), who babysat me in the hotel room.  THANK YOU JUSTIN!!!

We learned on this trip that there's a fun "trick" I do - it's called "photo shoot where I pretend to be disinterested."  In DC, it goes something like this:

Really?  It's just a big white 2-story house
They Couldn't Even Build THAT Thing to Withstand a TINY Earthquake! (Well, a 5.8)
There are TOO Many People at Lincoln...
Plus, they couldn't even get the Reflecting Pool right!
The "Reflecting" Pool - Drained
Marine One.  I know I'm not in the photo, but I was not impressed.  
Ok, so the big white house is pretty cool
Cool, but I'm SICK of Photos!
I AM Impressed with my Banana Toothbrush Teether!
(Note the empty Reflecting Pool in background)

The wedding was a total blast and MAVL looked stunning, as usual!  Here's the Duke crew (Mary Ann was Mommy's "little sister" in Tri-Delt, Cia (on the left) lived next to Mommy Junior Year and now lives in Mission Hills and Rebecca (on the right) is married to Tim Brown who is distantly related to me!).  Mommy wanted me to tell anyone reading this from the DC area that if you need an AMAZING band, you should check out "Doctor's Orders."  One of the best wedding bands EVER!



 Finally on Sunday, we had some quality time with Macharva at El Pollo Rico in Arlington.  DELICIOUS Peruvian chicken (the menu consists of: quarter, half, whole).  I liked seeing Macharva again and really loved her sweater.  Super impressed with her sweater.  Wanted to take it home with me!

Here we are waiting at Dulles (THANK YOU Macharva for the ride out to the airport!).  It's kind of a crazy story, but Mommy and Daddy still think of themselves as crazy young people, so they carry everything around in backpacks. Silly parents!  Daddy wanted to consolidate everything into the 2 big bags while we took the metro out to Arlington (metro = more Mommy/Daddy silliness with an infant!). Well, Mommy and Daddy are SO excited to check in through the First Class line (Mommy rocked the upgrade for us on both legs of the trip!), that they forgot to take out all of the stuff we "needed" like the bottles (both empty and full for the plane), Mommy's pump and the Baby Bjorn (carrier).  Add to it that we arrived 3 hours early and there was no Club we could access and there was some worry (or was it fear) in the air!  It's cool.  I was a happy kid (and perfect on the plane, sleeping on the Ah Goo Baby memory foam pad across Mommy's lap)!



Our 20-week photos. I can't believe I've been around for 20 weeks already!  It's crazy because 20 weeks before that Mommy and Daddy found out I was a little boy and 20 weeks before that Mommy and Daddy made me.  20 is a pretty cool number!




Finally, onto some silly miscellaneous photos from the week:

Yes, Mummy Loves Me VERY Much
I love the Stroller Bar.  Favorite Thing to Kick! 
I wasn't there, but Mommy told me the SILLY Groomsmen
wore floral headpieces part of the night!
Even MAVL got in on it!
It was Aunt Taylor's Birthday.
I wanted to show her how much I love her, so...
I pulled off my sock and tried to eat it.
Lola is my new best bud.
I've gotten 3-4 handfuls of fir (not pulled out) this week.
I think she still loves me.
 Phew...that's it for 2 marathon blog posts in one day!  We're now up to date.  We'll see if it stays that way when Mommy returns to work on 11/5 :'(



No comments:

Post a Comment